Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 4

Experiment

My experiment can be found at this link: https://jramos70.github.io/week4/experiment.html

My experiment was to take 4000 Elon Musk tweets and 4000 Donald Trump tweets and use Markov chains to mix their style of tweets. I chose Elon and Trump because they are two very active twitter users who usually tweet about very different topics, so I thought it would be interesting to see how their styles would mix.

Readings
TextRain seems like a really cool use of Augmented Reality and it is cool how the words dropping actually form a poem rather than random letters. Stream of Consciousness had a similar idea, except the words move in a stream rather than fall down vertically. Additionally, the artist can control how the stream moves. It is cool to see how two similar ideas get modified to make each art piece unique.

I would like to try out Curved out of these three art pieces the most because it seems very engaging. The mix of audio and visuals would make the experience really immersive.

For me, these 10 keywords make 3D text different from 2D text: Immersive, engaging, active, moving, change, different, physical, non-static, realistic, pop-out. When approaching a piece of language art in 3D, I would see try to visualize how the piece would be in 2D and think about how different the experience would be. Additionally, I would also try and think about "why" the artist decided to use 3D instead of 2D (what are the benefits or pros/cons). I also want to think about how my other senses are affected by the 3D piece (like in Curved where the audio changes the experience).

No comments:

Post a Comment